The following contest rules will apply for all contests conducted on (as in on-air) or by WSIC Radio and TV 21.2, which will be referred to as “WSIC” throughout the rest of this document.
- WSIC does not discriminate for any reason when conducting its contests.
- Contests on WSIC are open to all individuals who are able to do what is required to be involved (for example: calling the on-air number to answer a question).
- Individuals who have won a contest will not be eligible to win another contest for a period of thirty (30) days.
- Individuals have thirty (30) days to pick-up their prize after having won, but may need to collect it sooner if the prize is time sensitive (for example: tickets to an event that is set to occur before the thirty-day period is up). Weekends and holidays are counted as part of the thirty-day period. Prizes not picked-up within the thirty-day period may expire, be used by WSIC, or may otherwise not be available. The determination as to the use or status of the prize following the thirty-day period is at the sole discretion of WSIC. Individuals must pick-up their prize at WSIC Radio – 1117 Radio Road, Statesville, NC 28677 during normal business hours (9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday). In some cases, individuals may be allowed or required to collect their prize at a different time. Reasonable arrangements for this will be made on a case-by-case basis. Prizes will not be mailed unless WSIC opts to do so on a case-by-case basis. WSIC is not required, however, to mail prizes to winners.
- Winners may be required to present a photo id when coming to pick-up a prize.
- Individuals will not be notified by WSIC to tell them the remaining time they have to pick-up a prize. The only notification individuals will receive in regards to their prize is the initial announcement on-air that they have won the contest. Other mentions may be made on-air, however these not guaranteed.
- Anyone calling into WSIC, including contestants, agrees that their voice may be recorded and used on-air in future broadcasting by WSIC without compensation.
- Contestants agree that by entering, their name, likeness, and voice may be used by WSIC at any point, for any reason, and for any period of time in the future without compensation.
- Contestants and prizewinners agree that their names may be used on-line by WSIC including (but not limited to) the station’s website, Facebook Page, and Twitter Page.
- If a staff member of WSIC takes a picture or pictures of a contest winner and other individuals with them at the time of picking-up a prize, that picture may be used on-line by WSIC including (but not limited to) the station’s website, Facebook, and Twitter. Any of these pictures may also be used on TV 21.2.
- WSIC will not be responsible for technical and or human error that may occur (by either staff or the contestant) when administering contests on-air even if they affect your entry to the contest.
- If a situation arises in administering a contest where more than one person could be the winner, it will be at the sole discretion of WSIC as to how the situation will be resolved. Situations such as this may be resolved by (but not limited to) disqualifying individuals “tied” to win the contest, or by providing additional prizes. Again- it is at the sole discretion of WSIC as to how these situations will be resolved.
- WSIC is in no way required to provide more than one (1) prize per contest.
- Individuals who are employed by WSIC, or who are members of a staff member’s immediate family, will not be eligible to win prizes in contests.
- WSIC reserves the right to cancel a contest already in progress for any reason whatsoever.
- All prizes that are won by individuals are given to the winner as-is. There are no warranties, etc. If you are unable to use/redeem your prize for any reason, there will be no re-fund/alternate prize awarded by WSIC. WSIC is not responsible, nor will it provide a re-fund/alternate prize, if a source (such as a business) from which a prize comes goes out of business, operation, or is in some other way unable to provide the prize before the prize can be renewed, obtained, etc.
- WSIC will not be responsible for a prizewinner’s use of the prize they win. Winner assumes all responsibility for problems, damages, loss, etc. incurred by obtaining/using the prize and will hold harmless WSIC, its management, affiliates, advertisers, employees, and their families.
- After a prize has been picked-up, WSIC will have no responsibility for it. There will be no replacement/alternate prizes awarded for any reason whatsoever including (but not limited to) theft, or loss.
- Winner is responsible for paying all applicable taxes on prizes won (whether through a single contest or multiple contests throughout the course of a year). If the need arises, WSIC will provide appropriate tax paper work.
- Unless otherwise specified, individuals may only enter into a contest one (1) time.
- In some cases, the individual or individuals who will use a prize and the person who picks it up from WSIC may be required to sign a waiver or fill out other paperwork which may require a signature agreeing to terms and or certifying that information is correct.
- Regardless of type or form, entries to contests will become the property of WSIC unless otherwise noted.
- Contests conducted by WSIC are void where prohibited.
- No purchase is required to enter contests conducted by WSIC.
- If there is to be a grand prize drawing, WSIC will make a reasonable effort to contact the grand prizewinner. The amount of time spent trying to contact the winner will be at the sole discretion of WSIC. If the winner cannot be contacted, a new winner will be selected.
- Additional rules may apply for specific contests.
- Individuals may obtain a paper copy of these rules at WSIC – 1117 Radio Road, Statesville, NC 28677 during normal business hours (9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday) with the exception of holidays.
- By providing contests, WSIC wishes to provide something enjoyable to the community. Do not attempt to cheat, or in any other way bend the contest for your benefit. Please help us provide these enjoyable contests to the community by cooperating with the spirit of the contests and the rules presented.
- WSIC may disqualify an individual entering a contest for any reason if WSIC feels that the person is doing something against the spirit of the contest, or against the rules listed here.
- WSIC reserves the right to change or up-date these contest rules at any time. The amended or new rules will be in effect immediately after having been posted on the WSIC website (at which time a paper copy will also be able to be obtained at WSIC – address given above in rule number 25).
JULY 30, 2012